NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Overview: The Rihanna BBHMM Video Contest (the “Contest”) is a contest of skill that asks strip club DJs and entertainers to create a music video to the Rihanna “Bitch Better Have My Money” song.
- Eligibility: Open and offered only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry, and who are DJs at a strip club at the time of entry. Employees, officers, agents and directors of Def Jam Recordings (“Sponsor”) and each of its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, prize providers and their immediate family members or individuals residing in their same household, are not eligible to participate or enter. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
- Entry Period: Contest begins at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on 4/24/2015 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on 5/30/2015 (the “Contest Period”).
- How to Enter: Entrants must have a Strip Joints account in order to enter. Accounts are free. To create a Strip Joints account, visit https://stripjointsmusic.com (the “Website”). To enter the Contest, visit the Website during the Contest Period and provide all of the requested entry form information. You will be required to fill out and submit an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release (the “Release”). The entrant and one (1) entertainer appearing in the Video (the “Entertainer”) will be required to sign the Release. Once you’ve filled out the entry form information and the Release, upload your Video. For the purposes of this Contest, a “Submission” shall consist of entrant’s uploaded Video and all other required entry form information, including the signed Release. Only Videos that meet the Video Requirements/Restrictions set forth below will be considered valid Submissions. Entrants may enter more than once, but each entry must contain a unique Video. If a duplicate Video is received by more than one entrant, the first entry will be valid and all duplicate Submissions will be void. Entrants agree to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final. All Submissions must be entered and submitted during the Contest Period.
By participating in the Contest, entrants grant Sponsor the right to upload the Video to YouTube and/or any other video-sharing website.
- Video Requirements/Restrictions:
In order to be eligible, a “Video” must meet the following criteria:
- Be an original music video of the “Bitch Better Have My Money” song. The song must be the original Rihanna version. The entrant can download this version at the DJ Pool section on the Website;
- Be no more than five (5) minutes in length;
- Have at least one (1) strip club entertainer in the Video;
- All people that appear in the Video must wear at a minimum a Brazilian thong bikini bottom and a halter triangle top; and
- All people that appear in the Video must be at least 21 years of age.
Videos may not:
- Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest or contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other legally prohibited basis;
- Promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous
- Contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor or Rihanna, which Entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- Contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Video is created; or
- Have won a contest or been previously published, such as, but not limited to, on blogs, on music websites, or in connection with other video contests.
Entrant must receive express written consent from all persons appearing in the Video.
Sponsor reserves the right to remove any Video that it determines in its sole discretion to have violated the Video Requirements/Restrictions or if an entrant otherwise violates or attempts to violate any portion of the Official Rules.
- Winner Determination: Winners will be determined via the following methods:
- a) First Prize Winner. The First Prize winner will be determined by a panel of judges, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor and judges reserve the right to review all Videos either before or after they have been posted and reserve the right in their sole and absolute discretion to reject and/or remove any Submission (along with disqualifying the entrant who submitted same) that violates these Official Rules without any notification or warning. The judges will select one (1) First Prize winner based on their review of the following criteria:
- Originality (25%)
- Entertainer’s Performance (25%)
- Quality (25%)
- Tie in of “Bitch Better Have My Money” song (25%)
In the event of a tie for the winning Video, the Video with the highest score in the “Tie in of “Bitch Better Have My Money” song” category, will be deemed the First Prize winner.
- Second Prize Winner: The Second Prize winner will be selected based on the amount of votes that the Videos receive. Voting is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. To vote, visit the Website for instructions. Voting will be open from April 24, 2015 to June 5, 2015 (the “Voting Period”). Individuals may only vote for one (1) Video during the Voting Period. Sponsor is not responsible for voting complications or unregistered or unrecorded votes. The Video that has the highest number of votes at the end of the Voting Period will be the Second Prize winner (unless the Video with the most votes was submitted by the First Prize winner). Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Use of any automated program to vote will result in disqualification. In its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Second Prize winner should the voting for any potential winner appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way.
LIMIT: ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON.
- Notification of Winner. The potential winners will be notified on or around 6/15/2015 via the email address provided upon entry into the Contest. In the event that a potential winner does not respond to any such notification within forty-eight (48) hours of the date of notification, a disqualification may result, and the prize may be forfeited. In such event, another entrant may be named as the alternate potential winner based on the criteria set forth above in Section 6, time permitting. If a potential winner fails to comply with any of the obligations, requirements, terms or conditions of these Official Rules or is found to be ineligible or unqualified for any other reason, the potential winner may be disqualified. In addition, potential winners may be required to certify, on information or belief, that their Video is their original creation and has not been published or publicized and has not won another contest. Winners may be required to produce government-issued identification.
- Prizes & Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
First Prize: $5,000. ARV: $5,000.
Second Prize: $2,500. ARV: $2,500.
For the First Prize, $2,500 will be sent directly to the entrant and the remaining $2,500 will be sent directly to the Entertainer. For the Second Prize, $1,250 will be sent directly to the entrant and the remaining $1,250 will be sent directly to the Entertainer. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize by winner is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. All federal, state and local taxes on prize value are the sole responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued if required by law. Prizes are non-transferable. Prizes will be mailed after the Contest Period in the form of a check.
- Release: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. By participating in this Contest, entrants hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, Roc Nation, LLC, Strip Joints Music, Concrete Marketing Inc. and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, licensors, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”), from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death, and/or property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or their participation in this Contest, or any Contest or prize-related activity. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of any prize.
- Ownership and Publicity: As between entrant and Sponsor, entrant owns the Submission provided in connection with the Contest. Entrant represents and warrants he or she has the full right, title and interest or a right and license from the owner to provide the Submission and comply with all these Official Rules. By entering this Contest and providing a Submission, entrant grants Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees, a royalty-free, unconditional, irrevocable, and perpetual right, license and consent, without any compensation, consideration or further notification, to use, edit, reproduce, print, publish (including, without limitation, the right to upload the Video to YouTube and/or any other video-sharing website), display, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or create derivative works from the Submission, and to use and refer to the entrant and the persons appearing in the Video, their name, likeness, image, distinctive characteristics, city, state, any statements made and prize information, for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes in any media throughout the world. Sponsor also has the right to arrange for the news media and journalists to attend and, if applicable record, any public appearances and statements of the prize winner. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.
- Limitation of Liability: Sponsor and their respective agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, entries not received by the entry deadline, or for electronic, network or computer failures or malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in this Contest, or other hardware, software or technical errors of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest (or any portion thereof) if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in their sole discretion. If the Contest is so cancelled, judging will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. In the event a dispute arises regarding a specific individual entitled to receive the prize, entry will be declared made by the “authorized e-mail account holder” and any damage made to the website will also be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized e-mail account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrant may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the entrant is the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Submission. Proof of submitting an entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all entries by such methods. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
- Disputes: Each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in the State of California, (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
By entering the Contest, entrants acknowledge that they are familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1452, which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST BE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
- General Terms. INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND MAY SUBJECT ANY PERSONS INVOLVED TO CRIMINAL AND CIVIL PROSECUTION, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Modification or Waiver. Only an authorized officer of the Sponsor shall have the right to modify or amend these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
- Winner’s List/Official Rules: The name of the winners will be posted on the Website after the winners have been verified.
- Sponsor: Def Jam Recordings, 1755 Broadway, New York, New York 10019.